We have the following openings available at Oakhill.
Half-Day Position: Children’s Ministry Leader (January 2022)
We have a new position available for the director of our children’s ministry, Oakhill Kids. As a vibrant, family‒ focused church in the heart of Durbanville, Oakhill has always been about raising kids in Christ. We seek to raise a generation who partners with God because they know Him, understand who they are in and to Him, and are moved by what He can realize in and through them. If you love sharing Jesus with kids, overseeing a fun and vibrant team of leaders who pour into kids, and directing weekly formation opportunities for preschool to Grade 7, this job is for you!
- Recruiting, training and encouraging volunteer teams to engage, guide and love kids.
- Connect with parents and guardians to ensure a holistic approach to ministry that takes into account the emotional, social, spiritual and developmental growth of kids.
- Oversee and create curriculum processes that engage kids in spiritual growth.
- Have a creative and energetic approach to sharing the gospel with kids.
General Responsibilities as a staff member at Oakhill:
- Represent Christ and Oakhill Church with grace and hospitality.
- Understand and support the vision, values, mission and ministry of Oakhill.
- Work collaboratively with other staff towards the larger ministry vision and goals.
- Engage in opportunities for ongoing personal spiritual growth including spiritual mentoring and maturing opportunities.
The ideal candidate
- has experience in primary school or preschool education/care, along with the ability to strategize and implement ministry.
- has a positive attitude and creativity, with the ability to multi-task and serve a high energy environment.
- has the ability to lead, equip and coach groups of children and adults.
- is a committed, Spirit-filled follower of Jesus Christ, an active member (or will become an active member) of Oakhill Church and holds beliefs that do not conflict with those of Oakhill.
Children’s Ministry Leader Tasks include, but are not limited to the following
- Adhere to legal requirements for the storage and processing of personal information ~ POPI‒ Act
- Analyse data and statistics to assess future development and growth
- Update and maintain Oakhill Kids Flows, Policies and Procedures
- Plan and execute Oakhill Kids Events
- Manage Oakhill Kids finances including budget planning and development
- Update and manage social media
- Maintain resources, equipment and storerooms
- All relevant preparation for Sunday routine
- Update Oakhill Kids related data (Sunday count, service attendance per age group, new volunteers and families, etc.)
- implementing and developing the Oakhill Kids and Route 67 curriculum and accompanying activities and/or crafts
- Monitoring the entire Sunday program for Oakhill Kids, Route 67 and our Special Needs Ministry, including check-in and -out, and managing cleaning/sanitizing at the end of the service
- Welcoming and orienting new parents
- Security: Ensuring that all processes involved in keeping our children safe on a Sunday morning are implemented and followed by all involved
- Recruiting, welcoming, scheduling and training volunteers, and facilitating team building events
- Curro Partnership:
- Cultivate and maintain our partnership with Curro Group as well as our day to day friendship relationship
Answers to the questions below should be included in your application:
- Why do you believe you are called to be the next Children’s Ministry Leader at Oakhill?
- Summarize your previous experience and qualifications.
- Tell us about your experience in raising and equipping new team members in children’s ministry.
- Give us some ideas regarding your dreams and vision for Oakhill Kids for the next 10 years. What is God showing you?
- Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Please Take Note:
- To apply for the position please send a ONE PAGE CV (together with answers to the five questions above) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 12th December.
- Salary scale will be discussed at interview.
- This position is advertised as a half-day position, with the possibility of developing into a full day appointment.
- If you have not heard from us by 23rd December, you can assume that your application was not successful.